Saturday, June 4, 2011

DC CUPCAKE- NEED I SAY MORE?

Well, I must be quite sheltered. I had never heard of the place. But my nieces wanted to get cupcakes here in the worst way. But when they came to visit, the line was too long. So I thought, "Hey, i'll go there and get them a cupcake." what was I thinking. Never seen anything like it. The line went up the street for 2 TWO blocks. I really wondered what on earth these cupcakes would taste like. Well I waited in line for about 40 minutes. Not too bad, except it was nice and warm outside. And I tell you, the cupcakes were worth it. CUPCAKES EXTRAODINAIR!! Have to taste them to believe it. I really thought, Hey a cupcake is a cupcake. But these are like filled with stuff and gooey and moist and the frosting is filled with stuff and piled high. And the flavors, things like: Chocolate hazelnut (Valrhona chocolate cupcake with a rich callebaut chocolate ganache icing topped with carmelized hazelnuts), Mint cookies and creme (madagascar bourbon vanilla cupcake baked with oreo crumbles topped with a mint oreo crumble-infused buttercream frosting), or Salted Carmel (caramel cupcake with a salted caramel infused buttercream frosting topped with a caramel drizzle). And they have about 50 kinds. A tough decision.
We saw everyone taking pictures of these 2 cute ladies, so we thought we better. Turns out they were the famous cupcake ladies. And we found out they were on Oprah, and have a TV show: DC cupcake.
It was a fun little excursion and worth every minute.














No comments:

Post a Comment