Friday, September 9, 2011

MISSION MIRACLE


A SISTER MISSIONARIES PRAYER IS ANSWERED

Dear President,


What a weekend! Robert* was baptized!! Thank you and your wife so much for coming out to see it. Robert is truly an amazing man. The Spirit has been working with him for years, and for that, I am grateful. The process of conversion continues to astound me. This is the Lord's work. So, I wanted to tell you about a miracle that happened with Robert. Years ago he took up smoking. It wasn't too large of an addiction, but an addiction nonetheless. We committed him to live the word of wisdom. We all knew it would be difficult, but we also knew that through the Lord, it would be more than possible. Sister Garbrick and I prayed so hard for a miracle. We wanted Robert to be able to quit so badly! I decided to ask in my prayer for specifics. So one night I was praying and asked Heavenly Father to make Robert feel sick anytime he wanted to smoke. (I was sure to include that it be done according to His will.) I kept praying for this with faith that anything was possible with the Lord's help. A couple lessons later with Robert, we asked him how his smoking was. He said, "Well, I can't smoke any more. I have a chest pain that comes whenever I try." President, I could not hide the smile from my face! The Lord heard a lowly missionary's prayer and answered! I was so humbled. The power of faith and prayer is real. I know this is the Lord's work and I am continually humbled by His magnificent power! *name changed

Love,
Sister Rozsa

No comments:

Post a Comment