Saturday, August 13, 2011

THE ATTACK OF MOSQUITOS!!



Dear President, We have been so blessed this last month! I want to share with you an experience we had this week finding new people to teach. It was Saturday evening and after tracting much of the day, my legs were going crazy with mosquito bites. We decided to run into a grocery store to try to find some anti-itch cream and some even stronger bug-spray because I couldn't handle the itching or the bugs anymore! My legs are doing better now, but the biggest blessing was what happened on the way out of the store. We passed a Hispanic mother and little daughter, and I felt the strongest prompting to talk to them immediately. "Hi!" I said to the mom, Rosie. She looked at my tag and then looked surprised and almost excited to see me. I started speaking to her in English, but I could tell she didn't understand a lot, so I asked her if she spoke Spanish. She said that she did, so I did my best to communicate with her in Spanish, telling her that we were missionaries sharing a message about Jesus Christ and the Book of Mormon. She was very warm and friendly and she invited us to come to her house a few days later to share more. It was a good interaction, but I didn't think a lot more of it. We called the Hermanas in the area and asked them to meet us there at the scheduled time (since my Spanish only goes so far). When we arrived at their house, we sat down and started talking with both Rosie and her 7-year-old daughter, about Heavenly Father. First, we asked the little girl who God was to her. Then we asked Rosie. Tears filled Rosie's eyes, and she just started to cry as she told us about how the very day we met her at the store she had been telling her friend that she wanted to feel closer to God and learn more about Him. She just did not know where to begin. She was so surprised when we approached her and talked to her just a few hours later about how she could grow closer to Jesus and Heavenly Father. It was a very powerful experience for her (and for me). I know that Heavenly Father knows Rosie and wants her to have the restored gospel in her life, so He placed a sister missionary in the area who could speak some broken Spanish and allowed her to get bitten by dozens of mosquitoes, so she would need to run into that specific store at just the right time to find Rosie. Heavenly Father's plan is perfect! The Hermanas are going to continue to teach Rosie, and I have high hopes for her!

Sister Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment