Sunday, October 2, 2011

ELDER STOKER'S TESTIMONY




27 Sep 2011

Dear President; I just thought that I would send you a copy of something I wrote for the ward news letter where I am serving Hello Mclean first ward, my name is Elder Stoker I have been serving in the ward for 2 months now, I am from Riverton Utah. As I was preparing to serve my mission 2 years ago there is one scripture that my parents reminded me of, Doctrine and Covenants Section 4. Even though, this section of Doctrine and Covenants was given for Joseph Smith Sr. It holds great relevance to anyone that is serving a mission of the lord, for the lord. Section 4 reads. Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men. Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day. Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work; For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul; And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work. Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence. Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Amen. As I Have served my mission here in the Washington D.C. South mission, I have seen how true this scripture is. I have seen and have a firm belief in this passage of scripture I know the value of hard work because as I have worked hard miracles have happened. I can promise you that as you ask the lord in prayer and work hard to share the gospel with your friends and neighbors you will have the joy that comes with bringing this wonderful gospel to another. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment