Friday, January 13, 2012

MORE CHRISTMAS CONFERENCE FUN - DEC 15, 2011

After our wonderful Christmas meal, we sang our thanks to the Relief Society ladies and gentlemen who served us our meal. We really do appreciate them.

Then we started our afternoon activities.
Our MISSION TALENT SHOW
We are blessed with many talented and willing to perform missionaries. This was great fun and enjoyed by everyone. I missed taking pictures of a couple of numbers, I will apologize now. Very Sorry.

Elders Kotyk and Peterson were our MC's and did a masterful job introducing and keeping everything running. Elders Crockett and West have worked very hard to help put it all together. They run all the equipment, put all the slides together, did narrating and more. Couldn't have done it without them. Thanks to these 4 great young men.

TALENTS AND ACTIVITIES

1. ELDERS GATES AND SLADE: A missionary remix. (Even had good parts about the Albrights)
2. ELDERS MNGOMA AND MCKWENKW: Isixhosa and other African songs.
3. SISTERS TAYLOR AND AHOKAVA: A beautiful lyrical and "fun" dance number


sister Ahokava
Sis. Taylor
joined by ELDERS WRIGHT AND GARCIA
GREAT DANCERS

4. ELDERS PEIHOPA, ZABRISKIE, FREEMAN, SCOTT, FAJARDO AND FLAHERTY(guitar)
sang "White Christmas"



5. ELDER HANSON: "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"
6. ELDER TACAKI: Piano solo (headed to Julliard someday)
7. ELDERS MOWER, CHEUNG, CHURCH & SISTER MURRAY: "Let it Snow"
Started with Elder Mower swinging his cane and singing to Sis Murray
Sister Murray enters and replys
The 4 of them sing together. Great Job


BOOK OF MORMON GAME: WHO SAID IT? The assistants led this game
This was really a fun activity and got everyone involved. Everyone was on their feet and
trying to be the first to answer who said a certain passage in the BoM. Candy was thrown.

8. ELDER ARTHUR WILSON (flute), SISTER DANA (Violin), SISTER VOGELSBERG (piano)
It came Upon a Midnight Clear - this was a lovely arrangement. well done
9. ELDER MACFARLANE: "Silent Night"
10. ELDER BRAMWELL: Stand up comedy rountine- "You know you're a missionary when"
Grandson Mark gave his full attention to the show. With Elder Kotyk
11. ELDERS COOK, PETERSON, PASWATERS, JOHNSON, CALL, EDGINGTON, GUBELI,
AND FORREST: "Grama got ran over by a reindeer"".
12. PRESIDENT ERICKSON: Crabs walk sideways and Lobsters walk Straight- lots of fun
13. SR MISSIONARIES: SIS BURTON, BRYSONS, HEPWORTHS, HELLERS, DOYLES and
led by SIS CARLSON. Christmas Bells and SUPERBLY DONE

12. ELDER PARKER: BAGPIPES - Very beautiful number. He always does a great job.
13. BLANCHARD BOYS: "Rudolph the red nosed reindeer." (we got 2 mikes eventually)

14. ELDER LIEW: Piano solo. Another exceptional pianist.

ACTIVITY: GREEN EGGS AND HAM - THE MISSIONARY VERSION -SLIDES AND STORY- (slides-Elder Crocket & Narrator- Elder West).

(here is a sampling)

That Brother Lurch
That Brother Lurch
I do not like
That Brother Lurch
Do You Like the Mormon Church?
I do not like the Mormon Church
I do not like it Brother Lurch

Would you read the Book of Mormon
here or there?
I will not read it anywhere.
I'll have the Elders
At my house
You could come over
With your spouse

We'll talk about it
In this box,
With our latest convert
Brother Fox...

(and at the end)

SAY!
I do like the Mormon Church
I do! I like it Brother Lurch.
And I'll invite my friends to hear
And teach them all to love rootbeer!
I'll throw away all my champagne,
And head for Utah on a train.
I'll do my genealogy
It is so fun, so fun,
You see!

We'll go discuss it in a box,
I'd like to meet with Brother Fox.
And you can take me to your house,
And have the Elders teach my spouse.
I'll read the scriptures here and there.
And convert my good friends everywhere.
I do so like the Mormon church!
Please, Baptize me,
Brother Lurch.
15. ELDER WILSON: "Oh Come Let Us Adore Him"-- Elder Wilson is an opera major. NICE
16. ELDER GUBLER: Sang a missionary version of "JINGLE BELLS" (I have the Wrong Pic.)


TUTITUTI TUT TUT- office Elders West and Crockett, Assistants Kotyk and Peterson, traveling
assistants Jacobson and Rothman.

This was way fun. They led this song and action number that required audience participation.

The audience participates

17. ELDERS STAPLES, WRIGHT, GARCIA, AND TERRY : "How Many Kings " (one of my
favorite Christmas Songs)
18. ELDERS CALVERT AND ROTHMAN: "Noel" (wrong picture again- worry)
19. ELDERS PARKER AND WEST: "Tracting In a Winter Wonderland" - great song.
20. ELDER RAVIA: "Mary, did You Know?" a beautiful Christmas number.

21. SISTER ALBRIGHT AND ELDER WILSON: " C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S"
This is my favorite Christmas song. My mom taught it to me when I was young.
We taught this song to the whole mission.

C--H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S

When I was but a younster, Christmas meant one thing:
That I'd be getting lots of toys that day.
I learned a whole lot different, when Mother sat me down
And taught me to spell Christmas this way.

C- is for the Christ child, born upon this day,
H- for Herald angels in the night.
R- means our Redeemer
I-means Israel
S- is for the Star that shone so bright
T- is for Three wisemen, they who traveled far.
M- is for the Manger where he lay
A- is All he stands for
S- means shepherds came.
And that's why there's a Christmas Day.

22. SANTA CLAUS: Elder Doyle helped him deliver candy and gifts.
Pictured here with Elders Scott, and Freeman and Markie.

No comments:

Post a Comment