Tuesday, May 22, 2012

WOODBRIDGE INTERVIEWS

Second day of interviews. On May 2, 2012 we interviewed in the Woodbridge Zone.  
Another special day. 
While President interviews behind closed doors, I sit in the hall and get to visit more 
casually.  I visited with each of them about their family, health, planners and then 

I ask each of them the question: 
TELL ME SOMETHING THAT YOU HAVE LEARNED ON YOUR MISSION
This has been a wonderful and eye opening experience for me. 
I wrote in my journal a short reply of how each of them responded. 

The majority of them talked about learning to LOVE in way they never knew they could, 
How to really learn to listen to and rely on the spirit,
How much more prayer played a role in their lives, 
and many mentioned how they had learned about PATIENCE.


ZONE LEADERS- ELDERS HANSON AND WALKER

ELDER FITZPATRICK

ELDERS TIMOTHY AND FAJARDO

ELDER VILLAREAL

ELDERS BARNEY AND BENTLEY


Thought I would share a few words from what each missionary shared with me: 

Elder Walker- Obedience and miracles are connected
Elder Hanson- To truly receive personal revelation
Elder Aker- More love for the scriptures
Elder Forrest- Difficult to persevere when rejected, but worth it when you see progression
Elder Villareal- Every baptism involves a huge miracle 
Elder Fitzpatrick- To not judge people by their circumstances
Elder Fajardo- The mission is not easy, but I am more patient and have eternal perspective
Elder Timothy- The worth of souls.  An answer to my prayers that brought tears
Elder Barney-the spirit is essential to teaching
Elder Rausch- More understanding of the scriptures when applied to myself
Elder Litchfield- Patience- in dealing with all kinds of people
Elder Stahley- Prayer is essential, If I can sincerely get on my knees I can receive an answer
Elder Worthington- I've learned that fasting helps


No comments:

Post a Comment